Parenting Education in Washington DC
The transition to parenthood can stress even the strongest relationships. Suddenly your relationship dynamics have changed, and you must navigate these new demands and roles with little sleep and often not enough support.
The Bringing Baby Home workshop is an evidence-based parenting education program that prepares parents for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible. Designed by the relationship and parenting experts at the Gottman Institute, the BBH classes focus on both strengthening the parents’ relationship and fostering baby’s development. Parents learn the information, skills, and tools they need to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships.
This series is perfect for you whether you are expecting a baby or already parenting a little one at home.
We will cover:
- Strengthening your friendship
- Increasing intimacy and affection
- Working through conflict
- Maintaining relationship satisfaction
- Creating positive parent – baby interactions
- Encouraging quality involvement for both parents
- Reducing the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders
Parents will leave feeling better able to:
- Understand infant development
- Create co-parenting strategies with your partner
- Communicate, connect, and compromise with each other
- Recognize signs of postpartum mood disorders and know how to reach out for treatment options
The BBH program is 12 hours (split into multiple sessions) of interactive learning for you to focus on your parenting and relationship skills. Think of it as an investment for your family’s future.
Not able to do a whole Bringing Home Baby series? I can take any section of this program and create a custom class just for your needs.
I am currently offering this as a private or semi-private option. In a semi-private class, you gather the group (up to 4 couples), and I will teach the class at a group rate.
Private classes are $85 an hour.
Semi-private options will depend on the number of couples